I thought the major flavors of Unix were open Source. Even BSD 4.4 that
Apple is using now for OS-X (ten) is open Source.  Of course there are
certain types of Unix that are for pay but, even they started from open
source code and added to it. But whether it is or not its open source or
not, there are a lot of "end users" using open source Unix.

I'd like to see Mozilla to become an End User Product. Why? Because
Netscape is simply not updating Netscape 6 fast enough. Mozilla has
nighly changes. Netscape there are changes once every six months.

Plus Although I like Instant messenger I'd like a package that uses a
different type of chat program, just to be able to spread my wings more.

So despite people protestations no,no,no,no,no,no we are not an end user
product! THe true reality "is" that you "are" ! You may not promote, or
advertise, but that doesn't make a difference, it is an end user product.

Warren Bell wrote:

> Gervase Markham wrote:
> >
> > David Coppit wrote:
> >
> > > Frequently I hear people say "Mozilla is not an end user application".
> > > Most often this is in reply to people asking about spell checkers for
> > > mail/news.
> > >
> > > Well, why not?
> >
> > Because being an end-user application involves packaging, advertising
> > and (most importantly) support, none of which mozilla.org is able to give.
> >

> You just described 90% of open source software.  Is that not end-user
> software also?
>
> > People killed in WTC tragedy (approx.):   5,000
> > People who die every day of starvation:  24,000
> > Each of those deaths is more preventable than one caused by a terrorist.
> > So when does the Western World declare war on hunger, disease and poverty?
>
> When we are directly responsible for that hunger, disease and poverty.
> These two things are not even remotly the same.  But I guess the US
> should be doing somthing about it just because a large number of people
> die from it, is that what you're saying?  Maybe somthing more sensable
> for a .sig would be a good idea.

Phillip M. Jones, CET      |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
616 Liberty Street         |Who's Who. PHONE:276-632-5045, FAX:275-632-0868
Martinsville Va 24112-1809 |[EMAIL PROTECTED], ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones
http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/message/default.htm