RV wrote:

> Brian S. Craigie wrote:
>
> > Granted, but the things that really matter  ;-) (not the bells and
> whistles)
> >  like view page source etc don't work.  BTW, Given that Moz is  not
> >  released yet, why have Netscape had the stupidity to release their
> version of it?  I remember the blaze of publicity when NS6.0 came out
> > and the many comments along the lines of 'this is still beta
> quality' in
> > the various NGs.  OK 6.1 is better, but still not ready to be released.
>

> I go to  a web site click on View > Page Source with both Mozilla
> (latest build and N6.1) and it works for me. Did the same with N4.78
> and got the same results

Yes, but it reposts.  It shouldn't do that, and whoever thought it
should is a twit.  I know its being worked on and look forward to when
it is fixed, but for now I can't use Moz for web page debugging.

> For emails Full headers view bug there is a very simple workaround ..
> CTRL U. So again not a big deal.

It was broken in a recent nightly build but it is fixed now.  When it
was broken, ctrl-u didn't work either.

Anyway, those were only a couple of isolated examples.  Try this one
then:  reply to an email and drag select some text in the quoted part of
the message and delete it.  Some other text on the window disappears and
you have to scroll the window up and down, or drag over the invisible
text to get it to appear again.

> I disagree with you. N6.1 is a very capable browser and works for me
> rather well, as a matte of fact it has crashed on me less that 5 times
> since it was released. N4.x used to crash much more often than that.

Sorry, I don't rate the capability or stability of a piece of software
by how many times it crashes. Yes, NS4.75 used to crash regularly, but
it didn't do any harm, and I restarted it and carried on.  I don't care
if it crashes twice a day as long as it all works the same (or better)
as NS 4.x without any missing functionality.  That is IMHO not yet the
case with Moz 0.9.4, thought it's nearly there now, and certainly not
the case in 6.1.

I still find sites and applications that work in 4.75 and IE and not in
Moz/NS6.x.  Saying it is because the web sites are not written properly
doesn't cut it.  Yes, that may be the case, but tell that to someone
you're trying to convert to NS/Moz and you'll be told "I don't care
about that.  Give me IE back - it works".

> So a 1.0 number a mystical number?

Eh?  Dunno, but I still maintain a bog-standard user used to IE won't
use NS6.1 because of the bugs still extant therein.

Warmest Regards,

Brian