I would normally post this in the Netscape 6 newsgroup, but I'm looking for an internal
adjustment to the UI to change the Netscape 6.2 mail manager background colour to an
RGB hex
code of my choice as I find the bright white far too harsh on the eyes.

Could someone advise me how to set the background colour for the Netscape Messenger
program
windows? I find the bright white too
bright. I have set the TEXT AND BACKGROUND colours so that it uses light grey and have
checked
the USE SYSTEM COLOURS option box in PREFERENCES.

While this successfully changes the NS 6.2 Navigator program window to light grey, in
NS 6.2
Messenger only the message display window is in light grey. The folder pane and the
message
header pane is still bright white. Can these be overriden for their background colour
as well?
I'm hoping some deep hack in the UI files for the browser skin can do the trick. The
problem is,
I don't know where to find the UI file that contains the colour code for the
background colour
in the mail manager.

If there's another Mozilla newsgroup that would be more useful to post this message
on, please
advise.

Thanks for any help.

Ken