Richter wrote:

> Joe Camel wrote:
>
> > X-No-archive:yes
> >
> > I was just over in the Netscape 6 group and frankly, 6.2 still looks a
> > little buggy for my tastes.  I am now on 4.78, which other than no
> > support of CSS, etc. and some instability basically works pretty
> > nicely.  Is it worth it to check out Netscape 6.2, or is it still
> > betaware/bugware?  Be honest, too, please.  I am not an MS troll; I am
> > just looking for some honest answers and do not want to hear shills.
> > TIA!
> > --
> > Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good
> > with ketchup.
>
> When you install NS 6.2 it does not interfere with your NS 4.7x at all.
> It basically is another application/program/browser which runs side by
> side. You can run either or both at the same time, I do. I am starting
> to use NS 6.2 more and more. More so with each release.
> BTW -- I run NS 4.75, NS 6.2 and Mozilla both at the same time with
> no problems. Don't delete your NS 4.78 until you are very familiar and
> confident with NS 6.2 -- I haven't and won't for quite a while yet -- and
> then there are those old web sites with NS 4.7x proprietory codes to
> consider.
> Get NS 6.2 and take it out for a test drive.
>
> Gus

I assume you are using either a Windows or 'NIX machine?

As I've been chided here often. Don't make broad brush assumptions.
while on 'nix and windows you can do this Netscape 6 and Communicator up
to 4.7.8 do conflict with each other.
Phillip M. Jones, CET      |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
616 Liberty Street         |Who's Who. PHONE:276-632-5045, FAX:275-632-0868
Martinsville Va 24112-1809 |[EMAIL PROTECTED], ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/america/default.htm
http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/message/default.htm