Asa Dotzler wrote:

> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > As I've been chided here often. Don't make broad brush assumptions.
> > while on 'nix and windows you can do this Netscape 6 and Communicator up
> > to 4.7.8 do conflict with each other.
> >
> Please stop stating that is if it was the case for everyone. You have a usage
>pattern which differs from most other users that causes you some problem that no one
>else can reproduce. I test Mozilla on Mac OS 8.5 (currently busted, no keyboard
>input) 8.6, 9.1, 9.2.1, 10.0 and 10.1. I also use Communicator 4.x on those machines
>for compatability testing and bug confirming. There are no problems with running 4.x
>and Mozilla/6.x on the same machine.
>
> --Asa

Look you better frequent some of the netscape newsgroups.

I can not believe that I am the only one having the problem if the
Netscape Champions program recommends not puting both on the same
partition on the same hard drive.

Its recommended by the Netscape Champions program. NOT to have N6 and
Communicator installed on the same Hard drive if using one partition (as
i do)  or on the same Partition if the drive is paritioned.

The netscape Champions program was setup using certain programers and or
users with special priviges such as acces to factory Beta software also
have access to inside info from Netscape. They even maintain a ufaq.

Supposedly they were to change something in Communicator 4.7.9 to
prevent the interference howevr; it hasn't changed things.

Again if netscape would just change the creator code from MOSS on
Netscape 6, to MOSZ or MOZS the problem would be cleared up as currently
both N6 and Communicator use MOSS.

I don't have any problem with MOZZILLA as far as that goes because Mozz
creator code is MOZZ.

I can't believe anyone can't see it.

And don't say the Type and creator codes are outdated there 4 to the
fourth power possible combinations for Type Codes and Creators as well.
Phillip M. Jones, CET      |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
616 Liberty Street         |Who's Who. PHONE:276-632-5045, FAX:275-632-0868
Martinsville Va 24112-1809 |[EMAIL PROTECTED], ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/america/default.htm
http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/message/default.htm