Garth Wallace wrote:

> "Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T." wrote:
> >
> > Garth Wallace wrote:

> > > No it doesn't. It uses a version of COM called XPCOM.
> > > ActiveX uses a different version of COM written by
> > > Microsoft.
> > >
> > > Your logic:
> > > A uses B
> > > C uses D
> > > E is a set containing B and D
> > > therefore, A uses C
> > > ...which is a logical fallacy.
> > >
> > > XUL, on the other hand, is an XML dialect and
> > > has absolutely no relation to COM.

> > > No, quite the opposite. You claimed the above, and
> > > were corrected. Later, you claimed the above, and
> > > were corrected. Then, you claimed the above, and
> > > were corrected. Ad nauseum.
> >
> > Garth in your own explaination above you say that Active -X is Is
> > MicroSofts variation COM.
>
> No I did not. I said that it *uses* Microsoft's version
> of COM. I use a broom to sweep my floor, but that does
> not mean that I am a broom.

> > By your own words:
> >
> > Active-X is a variation on COM wriiten by Microsoft
> > XPCOM is a Variation on COM written by Mozilla.
>
> No, ActiveX is not a variation on COM written by
> Microsoft. MSCOM is the variation of COM written
> by Microsoft. ActiveX is a distinct applet-like
> technology that *uses* MSCOM.

I give up everytime I explain what was said to me the definition gets
changed again.

I believe you do it to take delight in twisting things around so only
you can look like a genious and others look like pikers.

I even quoted again what you said in your reply. didn't change a word in
fact I placed the quoyed material in Quote Marks.

In not one of the previous past post about Active-X did : "ActiveX is a
distinct applet-like technology that *uses* MSCOM.". Ever come up not once

Once again I am direct quoting from this thread YOUR Comments.

" No it doesn't. It uses a version of COM called XPCOM. ActiveX uses a
different version of COM written by
Microsoft."

I've already said that I was unsure about the term XUL or XPCOM so I
corrected for that.

Okay Folks if you want to know about Active-X and XPCOM down to the last
detail contact Garth Wallace.
He is resident wizzard, shaman, and genous on the subject. There is no
way anyone else can post on the subject and not get corrected.

TID
Phillip M. Jones, CET      |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
616 Liberty Street         |Who's Who. PHONE:276-632-5045, FAX:275-632-0868
Martinsville Va 24112-1809 |[EMAIL PROTECTED], ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/america/default.htm
http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/message/default.htm