Hi!

I already posted this on the secnews.netscape.com server and got an answer
from Jay Garcia (thanks!) but somehow I cannot post to this server anymore
and his answer didn't help me... So I try again:

I installed NS 6.2 a couple of days ago on my new XP Pro and I changed the
prefs.js file with the mail sound lines (at this stage I didn't know that it
does not work anymore in 6.2):

user_pref("mail.biff.play_sound",true);
user_pref("mail.biff.use_default_sound", false);
user_pref("mail.biff.sound_file", "c:\\windows\\Media\\mysound.wav");

ok, it didn't work, I look through the newsgroups and found out that it
cannot work since it's based on mozilla 0.94. So I changed the prefs.js once
again (just deleted the last three lines) and thought I am now back to
normal... But, now I have NO SOUND at all! HELP! I did not change anything
else, just this file. How can I get back my default sound? I checked the
setting in the preferences and it sould work (tick).

Does anyone know what to do?

Referring to the answer from Jay (basically it said: the mail notification
does only work from 0.95 onwards), it did work BEFORE I changed the prefs.js
file, I just got the default warning sound, which was set in the windows
preferences. Now I don't get ANY SOUND AT ALL! Something must have changed
somewhere just by adding these line, starting the prg and deleting the files
again.

I was thinking of just installing NS6.2 again OVER the existing version, but
I am not sure, if I lose all my settings by doing this...

Thank for any hints,
olli