Pratik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I agree with you. All the bug reports/ng postingsthat I've read have
> said tyhat this is a hidden prefwhich just got turned on. My question
> is, what do I add to user.js/prefs.js to turn it OFF?

More interesting:

A little piece of XPI is needed to turn this pref back to the correct
value which is OFF.

I would like to put this file on all my sites with the name
'/favicon.ico'.

This may not only cure the prefs of my Mozilla but also the prefs of all
my visitors.

At least an allert
    "We have detected a severe configuration error in the special version
    of Mozilla you are using. Please allow this patch to be applied to
    bring your Browser back to web friendly behaviour!"

would be a better solution than starting to block those misconfigured
Mozilla versions completely from our sites.

> Also what/where is the custom image UI pref that hyatt keeps talking about?

Prefs -> Appearance

There is also a special bug about the fact that this is te wrong place,
but Mr. Hyatt preferrs to ignore it (like a lot more bugs that deal with
the UI-page-icons) and rather makes thing worse than they were before.

IMO we should have a tracking bug for site driven UI icons.
Who can start one (I guess I don't have the neccessary privileges)?

Greeting, Michi
--
Homepage: <http://michael.nahrath.de>            PGP-ID: 0x9A4C704C
PGP-fingerprint: 3ABA ADC6 6713 4FB5 36D0  B0BD D7D7 517F 9A4C 704C