RTH wrote:

> Just upgraded to windows xp (home version) and reinstalled mozilla.
> Bookmarks and everything is fine except in my mail. The mail folders
> (accounts) are there but the saved mail and the like is not. Also when I
> post a message it says that it can't write to my local folder. Anyone
> else had this problem?

Sounds like a permissions bug that is plaguing the Home version. MS just
wholesale chucked some stuff from XPPro and called it the Home version, and
wound up breaking things. Log in as the administrator and change the permissions
on those folders/apps. Unless they fix this issue, everyone will just wind up
making all accounts admin accounts, which defeats permissions in the first
place. Frankly, without some form of user education, I see little point in
implementing permissions on the comsumer desktop anyway, since no one will
understand it when they've never been told about it. There's a story on The
Register ( http://www.theregister.co.uk/ ) about it too.

--
jesus X  [ Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism. ]
 email   [ jesusx @ who.net ]