Travis Crump wrote:

> Randall Parker wrote:
>

>> So I want a Paste Out Plaintext (or whatever the Win32 API is called)
>> that will paste out with all HTML tags included. It should paste out
>> the full HTML even if the destination editor does not understand HTML
>> tags.
>> This would be great for developers.
>>
> I would just like to say that while this might be a nice feature, I
> don't think the default Ctl-c behavior should be changed at all.  I
> think it would be annoying if everytime you Ctrl-ced something that it
> either didn't default to plain text without tags or it brought up a
> context menu. But that is just my opinion.

Getting the basic formatting (specifically: bold, italic, underline and
strikeout -- yes strikeout) would save me lots of time on a few projects
I do.

Is Rich Text Format proprietary? Patented? I don't think NS 4- had this
ability, which makes me wonder.

This sort of feature would be extremely helpful to me personally, but
I'm not sure if it rates high enough to hold up v1.0.

A "custom copy" feature might be really nice...have a GUI to select what
formatting gets picked up with the text...check off the things you need,
leave the rest unchecked...voila!

For those of you who may be puzzled about the strikeout and underline,
this is a legal/legislative (I'm sure other lines of biz use this, too.)
method of showing how you're amending a bill/ regulation/ etc. Stuff to
be removed is given the strikeout and stuff to be added is underlined.

Selectively copying formatting along with the text would be a great help
in cleaning up HTML created my MS Office and not run though the cleanup
add-on (optional download, how rude) before being posted on the web.

But until then, there's always HTML Tidy:
http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/