Nigel L wrote:

> I just noticed that the icons don't seem to persist between sessions.  I
> had imagined that once established (e.g., Hotmail butterfly, NYTimes
> curly T), they'd stay on the drop-down menu.  Surely that is the intent,
> isn't it?

That is the intent. There are some bugs filed for cases where that does
not work, but in the case of nytimes.com and hotmail.com, these work for
me. If they don't for you, see if you can identify how to reproduce the
failure and file a bug (in particular see if it works in a new profile,
see if you need to be logged in to either site, see if the favicon.ico
is in your disk cache (do about:cache?device=disk and search for the string)
and what the parameters are for the entry if it exists.

Thanks,
John