Erik Harris wrote:

> Most of the time, when I do step 4, the stuff I'm pasting into the input box
> in Mozilla doesn't echo back to me.

There are some known bugs with editing text in the text boxes in HTML
forms in Web pages. The text doesn't get redrawn if you add or remove
characters in the middle of something that's already there.

I also have trouble if I try to reply in the middle of the text in my
replies in mail/news. (I think this is a known bug as well; I'll try to
look up the bug numbers tomorrow.)

--
"I plugged my phone in where the blender used to be.
  I called someone. They went "Aaaaahhhh...." --Steven Wright