Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:

>> Wrong.  The point is that this is a convienient way for IE users to
>> get a feel for our product.  Just because IE does it doesn't make it
>> bad.  I myself will never use it, as I've grown up on alt left/right
>> arrow.
>

> As most Mozilla users you'll never use this shortcut, but Mozilla won't
> care about that someday when you press <back> thinking that you are in
> the textarea, but loosing all your carefuly thought Slashdot message,
> because you weren't in the textarea.

By the way, exactly the same what I mentioned about IE (go back with
backspace, then if you press forward you'll refind the content in the
form) applies to Opera.

Opera also uses backspace to go back, and if (accidentally) loosing
form-content then just press forward and the form is still there as it was.