Michael Gratton wrote:
> Matthew Thomas wrote:
> > By doing what people want and expect, instead of what they don't
> > want or expect.
>
> Hmm, I don't know about you, but I don't want to see what MS thinks a
> plain XML file looks like,

Please lose your fixation with Microsoft. This is nothing to do with
what some company `thinks' a plain XML file looks like; it is everything
to do with what is most useful for users. Showing it as an expandable
tree would be a good idea, *for Mozilla*, no matter how Microsoft chose
to display it.

>                            I'd prefer to see it as plain, orninary
> text, maybe w/ syntax highlighting.

That's exactly what View Source is for.

--
Matthew `mpt' Thomas, Mozilla UI Design component default assignee thing
<http://mozilla.org/>