And it came to pass that Matthew Thomas wrote:

> DeMoN LaG wrote:
>>
>> Q.  Is Internet Explorer committed to implementing standard
>> X in the future?
>>
>> A.  Microsoft is committed to implementing the Internet
>> standards that make sense to allow our customers to build
>> great solutions. As standards emerge, we evaluate them to
>> see which standards might best serve our customers' needs.
>>
>> Anyone else find that funny?
>
> That sounds perfectly sensible to me.
>
> The alternative would be wasting time implementing stuff
> that their customers *don't* want. In this case (though not
> in all cases) that wouldn't make them any money, so there
> wouldn't be any point.

It's like Henry Ford's comment about options:
"You can have any color you want, as long as it's black!"

GM offered a variety of colors and stole a HUGE share of Ford's
market.  And forced Ford to offer more colors.

M$ is letting you have any standard you want, as long as it's
M$'s.

--
}:-)       Christopher Jahn
{:-(         Dionysian Reveler

A pat on the back is only a few inches from a kick in the pants.

To reply: xjahnATyahooDOTcom