And it came to pass that Matthew Thomas wrote:

> Mama Cass wrote:
>>
>> In netscape.public.mozilla.general the people heard
>> Christopher Jahn say these wise words:
>> >
>> > But as usual, MS added features and convinced users to
>> > become reliant on them rather than deal with the issues
>> > that users actually aak for.  After all, how long did it
>> > take to release a secure and stable OS that didn't
>> > require massive patches within a few weeks of release.
>> uPnP is grossly insecure, requiring all XP users to
>> download a patch to prevent someone from potentially taking
>> over the use of said windowsXP machiene via the internet.
>
> As I said in my reply to Christopher Jahn, Microsoft knows
> that customers favor features over security.

And of course you have evidence to back this up?  Or are you
just taking MicroSoft's word on it?

> Especially when
> their dominance allows them to convince customers that
> security problems are (for example) `Internet worms' rather
> than `Microsoft Outlook worms' or `Microsoft Internet
> Explorer worms.

Ample proof that MicroSoft is no stranger to deception.  So why
do you believe their statements regarding customer requests.

>> Um, by writing a new rendering engine, Mozilla has produced
>> a superior engine to what IE has,
>
> Mozilla's rendering engine is considerably slower than what
> IE has, and it handles the markup on fewer Web sites than
> the one IE has.

Considerably?  HAve you some references?  In a recent test, Cnet
could only measure the difference in microseconds.

>> > Take a look at some of the crap FrontPage produces - lots
>> > of incomplete or non-standard code.  And IE displays it
>> > all.
>>
>> That's because Micro$hit planned this to happen - that
>> Frontpage would produce substandard code, and that Internet
>> eXPloder would be capable of displaying that code -
>> contrary to the W3C standards!
>
> Ooh. Your lack of examples was *very* convincing, especially
> when combined with your juvenile spellings of `Microsoft'
> and `Explorer' ... And, well, that exclamation mark at the
> end really proves your argument beyond all doubt. I'm
> impressed.

Ample examples exist.  All you have to do is follow the "Why
doesn't this page render?" posts here and in the Netscape
support groups.

Every page that has failed to render properly in those posts was
created in FrontPage, without exception.

--
}:-)       Christopher Jahn
{:-(         Dionysian Reveler

Wake up, the whole world's gone...