On Mon, 07 Jan 2002 02:55:37 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (David W. Fenton)
wrote:

>Every multi-user OS must have the capability for different users
>(i.e., different login names) to store settings independently for
>each of the users. Even in Win9x, if you have your system set up to
[...]

I know WHY Moz does it, but like you, I hate this "feature" of the newer
Windows versions, and much prefer programs that keep themselves self
contained, putting their multi-user profiles under their own directory where,
IMHO, they rightly belong, for the reason you cited among others.  Most
programs still do things the way I consider "right" (though MS disagrees with
me on what is "right" and I'm sure a lot of folks here do, too), so when
someone tells me to look in a particular program's profile directory, my
first instinct is to look for a profile directory within the program's
installation directory, not an unnecessarily long pathname in a centralized
location decreed by Microsoft. :)

Erik Harris                     eharris1@rocheste$.$$.com
http://w3.to/erik                            ICQ: 2610172
Chinese Martial Arts Assoc @ Cornell: http://w3.to/CMAAC/

To avoid Spam-bots, my address at the top is INCORRECT.
Change each dollar sign to an "r".