Actually Gecko supports many IE proprietary extensions, among them
offsetWidth and offsetHeight, innerHTML, and the "contextmenu" event.
  That aside, trying to paint this as some sort of standards compliance
issue is inaccurate IMO.

Auto-fetching favicon.ico has nothing to do with Web page standards.
It's a browser behavior, not a Web page or layout engine behavior, and
how a browser behaves is completely up to the browser designer.

dave
([EMAIL PROTECTED])