DeMoN LaG wrote:

> From my Proxomitron logs,

Proxomitron's fault.

[snip]

> This seems wrong.

It is wrong, but it's not Mozilla's fault.  It's something you're doing
wrong.  Delete your cache, maybe that's your problem.  Frankly, I take
every bug report you make with a grain of salt; I bet you're just making
this up to make Mozilla look worse than it already does.

>  Connecting to the site failed.

And who's fault is that?  Certainly not Mozilla's!

>  Why was, after the
> initial attempt failed, the connection retried to get the favicon.ico
> file?  Shouldn't a failed connect negate getting a favicon?

Huh?  No, connections should never fail.  If they do, that's your
problem.  Get a real ISP.  Mozilla can't possibly be expected to handle
every possible combination of failed connection.  Besides, you're a
<insert LaGesque tirade of junior-high epithets here>, and lying about
this so-called "problem" anyway.  Hell, even that "log" was fabricated,
wasn't it LaG?

>  This was
> done, incidentally, with Proxomitron in "bypass" mode, as I was working
> with a site that gets murdered by Proxomitron's javascript filters.  I
> haven't been able to reproduce this, though it's hard to find a site
> that I know is down so I can test this.  Should I file a bug on this?

Worked for me once, so therefore you're a liar.  File a bug to get
yourself removed from this newsgroup.  This is no place to be
enumerating the endless defects in Mozilla.