DeMoN LaG wrote:

> JTK <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED],
> on 09 Jan 2002:
> >
> >>  Why was, after the
> >> initial attempt failed, the connection retried to get the
> >> favicon.ico file?  Shouldn't a failed connect negate getting a
> >> favicon?
> >

> > Huh?  No, connections should never fail.  If they do, that's your
> > problem.  Get a real ISP.  Mozilla can't possibly be expected to
> > handle every possible combination of failed connection.  Besides,
> > you're a <insert LaGesque tirade of junior-high epithets here>, and
> > lying about this so-called "problem" anyway.  Hell, even that "log"
> > was fabricated, wasn't it LaG?
>
> Actually...  If you had read the message I said the site has been down
> for a long time for an unknown reason (suspected hosting problems).
> the-cad.com and their sister site m3dzone.com are both down.
> Connections should fail.  In fact, I will put money that right now, as
> of 20:10 EST Jan 9th, 2002, neither m3dzone.com nor the-cad.com (or it's
> alternate domain name, the-ctrl-alt-del.com) will be reachable...  and
> they are.

Well then that's something the websites are doing wrong (i.e. not being
available) that's breaking Mozilla.  Same diff - Mozilla is blameless in
all of this.  Isn't that the Mozilla "philosophy"?  That the web and
users should bow to Mozilla's requirements, rather than Mozilla dealing
with the realities of the web and its users?  Now go delete your cache
file or I'll call you a bunch of potty-mouth names.