Travis Crump wrote:

>> What the hell is that suppose to do?  That's not going to warn anybody
>> if their download failed, let alone remove the useless partial-file!
>> Sharpen up here LaG.
>>

> How exactly do you know the partial file is useless?

Like I said, Windows and/or Winzip tell me so.

>  Most multimedia
> content like mp3s can be played regardless of how much of the file you
> downloaded.

Where are you downloading MP3's from on the web?

>  How do you know that the user didn't fully expect his
> download to fail(ie not download the whole file)

If he's using Mozilla, I know for a *fact* he fully expected the
download to fail!

> because he has a
> sketchy connection,

That's what wget's for.  Shouldn't be necessary of course, but like I
said, until a future civilization is able to make a browser which
contains that futuristic ZMODEM technology....

> but just wanted to listen to or watch the first
> couple minutes to get a sense of it?

That's what the cancel button is arguably for.  But I bet you a Coke
that right now, the Cancel button will delete the file (probably even
ask me if I really want to cancel), while a lost connection etc just
silently fails.

>  Under your non-code, the user is
> out of luck... ;)

If you consider having some idea of what is or is not happening "out of
luck" (i.e. the AOL definition), correct.