JTK wrote:

>>> Done and done.  What's the big deal?  Is it a swear word or something
>>> without the slash?
>>
>> No, it's just kinda annoying, Mr. Gõry R. Vên Sackle. (See what I mean?)
>
> No, I don't. "o" is as close as I can easily get to "o with a slash
> through it".  You have all "undecorated" English vowels on your keyboard
> if I'm not mistaken.  Furthermore, your example is not a valid
> transliteration, since there are dozens of decorated "a"s you could put
> in "Gary" without inexplicably resorting to a decorated "o".  Would this
> annoy me if these were the only characters you had on your keyboard?:
>
> Gärŷ Vǎñ Šîćkłē
>
> (Lordy, that only took 20 minutes to write)  No, that wouldn't annoy me
> in the least.  In fact it's kinda cool, don't you think?  I wonder how
> many languages are represented there.  And how you'd pronounce such a beast!
>
> No, I have much more important things to worry about than whether
> somebody puts an umlaut in my name.  But to each his own; Jonas it is.

I don't get offended or anything by seeing my name misspelled, I just
found it slightly annoying, so I pointed out to you that there is a
difference between "ø" and "o" in Danish. You can call me Jónäs
Jorgêñsèn from now on if you want, I really don't care.

But it only took me *a few seconds* to point out that you misspelled my
name, and you waste *a lot* more time than that every day by downloading
new nightly builds and whining about Mozilla's broken cache. And since
you don't even give a fuck about Mozilla anyway, I can't really take it
seriously when you say "I have much more important things to worry
about". Not that I usually take things you say seriously.

> But now riddle me this out of curiosity: why is it no slash in Jonas

Ø and O is two completely different letters. I might as well ask you why
your name is Gary and not Gory.

--
/Jonas