Daniel R. Tobias wrote:

> be helpful to a particular user at a particular time, to get into sites with
> particularly clueless webmasters that block users based on the user
> agent, but the use of such things is harmful to the Web community as a
> whole, by leading to access statistics that show a smaller count of
> "minority" browsers and a larger count of the dominant hegemony browser

Yes, you are absolutely right! The more diversity the more freedom.

I just was asking as "the particular user at a particular time", because
my online-banking account does not accept Mozilla. So unfortunately I
have to use IE for that site though I wish to use Mozilla (as also
masquerading does not work for this site). That was the reason for asking.

Max