Pratik wrote:

> On 01/29/2002 01:05 PM, Sören Kuklau wrote:
> <snip>
>

>>>I guess this is what themes are for. You might be able to do this by
>>>adding the following code in your userChrome.css
>>>
>>>/* Change the background colour of the messages (top right hand
>>> * pane in 3-pane view) of Mail/News from gray to white.
>>> */
>>>outliner {
>>>     background-color : white !important;
>>>}
>>>
>>>Source - http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html
>>>
>>>Let me know if it works.
>>>

>> Tried it, didn't change anything, nor did I expect it to - where in your
>> code is light grey mentioned?
>
> Um.. I just cutpasted the code thinking you'd change the colour value to
> whatever you wanted. Did you try changing the colour to something else?
> Right now I have my Mail/News window is filled with a blazing red
> background. You need to replace the line
>
> background-color : white !important;
>
> with
>
> background-color : red !important;
> or

I think Sören was being sarcastic :-) I tried it too (after changing the
colour) but it causes a problem (24 hour old build, W2K, Modern theme)
in that when you select a message, then select another, the first
message still shows in the selected colours until you scroll up/down.

Anyway, the original poster was suggesting alternating white/grey lines
not just changing the background colour. Hey, maybe we could make the
default to be alternating red and yellow like the "zebra stripes" in
Windiff ;-)

--
Software is like sex, it's better when it's free  - Linus Torvalds
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]