And it came to pass that A Martinez wrote:

>>>And about the format, I always use png for screen captures.
>>>You can use .gif as well, but please don't use jpg as it
>>>introduces noise and can meke the capture useless.
>>>

>> WHAT??!?!  jpg is the most widely supported format - GIF
>> takes up too much bandwidth, and few programs support .PNG.
>>

> .png isn't something new. If you are using a program that
> doesn't support it then you shoud get a new version or
> another program. Mozilla supports .png and we are talking
> (at least I am) about screen captures to submit to bugzilla.

And if ALL you are talking about is Bugzilla, fine.
In general, tain't a very widely supported format.

> If you take a screen capture and compress it to .jpg then
> the final image will be different than the original, the
> text will have lots of noise around them, any sharp borders
> (and there are lots of lines in a screen capture) will have
> noise, unless you compress the image so little that it
> becomes much bigger that a proper .png .jpg is perfecto for
> photos or that kind of images, but not for screen captures.

But Mozilla's news reader sucks eggs.  And as most people have
the sense to post JPEGs, my current newsreader (a release a
month old) is perfectly adequate.

But for Bugzilla, fine.

--
}:-)       Christopher Jahn
{:-(         Dionysian Reveler

Mommy's all right, Daddy's all right, they just seem a little
weird

To reply: xjahnATyahooDOTcom