Blake Ross wrote:
>> If not, why put so much effort in supporting skins in Mozilla? Truth
>> is, most of the users doesn't care much of skin support in a browser.
>

> Who is putting "so much effort"?  No one that I can see.  You admitted
> you're new here, why are you making such presumptions?

It's not a presumption. XUL. That's a _big_ effort in making Mozilla
skinnable.

>> My initial point was that there is much effort in making Mozilla
>> skinnable, with a solid API foundation to work with, but most users
>> would benefit from customizable toolbars instead of skins.
>

> "Most users" would benefit from neither. I doubt most people have moved
> or customized the toolbars in any program.

Read about the #1 usability problem in Mozilla here:
http://mpt.phrasewise.com/stories/storyReader$35

This article is actually written by a staff member of Mozilla, so this
is serious stuff. If you doubt people wants to customize the looks of an
application, you're being ignorant.

Fortunately, my suggestions of a customizable toolbar is already
assigned and will most probably be incorporated:
http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=65067&action=view

/ David