DeMoN LaG wrote:

> Tony Shepps <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED], on 23 Feb 2002:
>
>> There oughta be - and maybe there is, I don't know about this sort
>> of thing - a hyperlink to search a p2p network.  And then, there
>> oughta be a partial p2p client, perhaps one that would only search
>> and leech files and not share them, that could be invoked by such a
>> link.
>>
>> Whaddya think?
>
> If there is a "Vote" of some type deciding if anyone wants to implement
> this, I vote *NO*.  If I want to find something on a P2P network, I open
> my P2P client and look for it.  Web browsers browse the web, not
> filesharing networks

OTOH, with more advanced P2P networks in the future it would be possible to
define a filetype containing metadata and a hash which would open a P2P
client (aka 'Start' -> 'Search' -> 'Search files' in Windows 2005) which'll
find all files with the valid metadata and'll verify the hash on the found
files eventually resulting in single result that can be downloaded from
several locations (simultaniously :))

-yatsu