All pages use a Server Side Include.

The file that's included has the drop-down navigation menu, it
inhhibits MS smart tags (although not truly needed) and whatever code
that i want to add to *all* pages that might be open for future
change, such as the <link>. This way i only have to change one file
and the <link> changes in all my pages.

I agree the link would be better off in the head, but since i want to
place the drop down on specific locations in a page, that meant that
the link tag also ends up in the body, and not the head.

But perhaps there's another way of doing this? (other than using two
Server Side Includes, one for the head and one for the body).

Eric