gavin long wrote:

[snip]

> >>If you are running on Windows, you should be automatically rebooting
> >>every few days for stability reasons anyway.
> >
> > Uh, yeah, maybe if you're still running Win98.  Windows 2000 and XP are
> > rock-solid, I can't even tell you the last time I rebooted my machine
> > here.  Which if you have any idea what's going on under the hood is
> > nothing short of miraculous.
>
> They're good, yes.  They're better than Win98.

Uh, yeah, like about a BILLION times better.

>  But they're not
> bulletproof.

Right.  No OS is.

>  I've seen win2k web servers go belly-up several times a
> day.

The whole machine?  You've seen a pretty poorly setup webserver then, or
one with hardware problems.

>  The OS in this instance remains undisclosed beyond "win32"

Ok, so it's probably Win98 or something.

> > Don't try to blame Mozilla's defects on Windows Gerv.
>
> I didn't see Gerv make any such accusation.  He _implied_ that using
> win32 in a 24/7 environment was unwise.  That's a point that can be
> argued to death over in
> alt.windows.sucks.no.linux.is.overrated.is.not.is.too.etc.etc.etc by
> those who wish to do so, but isn't really on topic here.

Hey, Gerv brought it up.  I was simply correcting his misstatement.

>  > Don't try to blame Mozilla's defects on Windows Gerv.
>
> Why do you always use people's first names when criticising/patronising
> them, Gary?

Why do you always use my name when criticizing/patronizing me, Gavin?
What would you prefer I call the guy, "pal"?  "Bucko"?  "Dude"?  "Senor
Mozillarista"?