[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Dan Hartung wrote:
>
>> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] says...

>>> Wow! You're right - the file was read only!
>>> I wonder how that happened...?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>

>> Copied from CD-ROM?
>>

> this has been the case for me also... never have been able to delete
> bookmarks... regardless of the build of mozilla i've used... using
> 2002022308 at the moment... later/more recent nightlies don't let me
> send mail at all...

make sure if you are using a profile that none of the files other than
the bookmark's file is read-only, not even the installation of
mozilla.org\Mozilla\ directory.

try a new nightly.. 3-1 is not bad.. 0.9.9 should be around in a few
weeks too, some problems should be fixed soon with UI bugs that are in
many of the nightlies for about two weeks now.

-dman84