Holger Metzger wrote:
> Christian Biesinger wrote:
>
>>dman84 wrote:
>>
>>>sorry, that was kinda harsh.. I meant to just say that you dont have to
>>>go around removing code like a Hack when you can just hit the cancel
>>>buttons to get out of activation..
>>
>>Last time I checked, this was not possible.
>

> Well, sometimes it works to just hit cancel, for some people.
>
> In my experience it never has been enough to hit cancel. The problem is
> also the way Netscape 6.xx takes over any old NC 4.x profile: it's done
> *without* asking the user first. Highly annoying. That's why you can't
> avoid the activation screen, it pops up at least once, right after you
> installed Netscape 6.
>
> - Holger

I remember there is a dialog that came up that I hit cancel two times..
It had done alright when it converted my nc4.75 mail but then I backed
up my new netscape 6.1 profile at the time .. and then I deleted nc4.75
and formatted the drive.. I then only installed ns 6.1 again.. and I had
my mail.. there.. it didn't bother with nc4.75, because it somehow knows
about the registry.dat file settings..

upon activation I clicked cancel, then when the dialog comes up, click
cancel on that.. that should close part of the activate upon startup.
Its been some time since I've done this, it asks if you wanna create
account using an AIM or something else userID, and you can select either
option and create a new one, used for buddyAIM and then I think it may
create a webmail login for this, I dont know for sure the order or the
correct facts on this, but I remember parts of these things.. they are
all part of the activation processes.

I think if you haven't converted a NC 4.7x profile yet.. wait till the
new netscape release hits.. it should be better at profile conversion.

-dman84