Gervase Markham wrote:
>> Um, this isn't like the US is saying "Ok, Italy you can't have this
>> software".  Look at the countries that are banned.  Geez
>
> "Oh, it's OK, it's only Libya, and everyone knows all Libyans are evil"?
>
> I strongly disagree with this attitude. You should not discriminate
> against an individual based on what country they are from.

If a person lives in a country that threatens the peace of other
countries, then that person either should leave that country or live
with the consequences of staying there.

There must be a healthy and dynamic balance between general protection
of the population (restrictive laws) and individual rights (lack of
restrictive laws). Neither extreme is good. ;)
--

Regards,

Peter Lairo