In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, jukola wrote:

> How come Mozilla is the only programme asking for this detailed
> information?

it isn't.

> I have never been asked to send an error report while using
> Netscape or Explorer.

i guess you don't have Internet Explorer's error reporting installed
then?  it does pretty much the same thing as mozilla's talkback.  it's
not installed by default in the released versions of IE (although it's
there as an option - check Windows Update)... but then the talkback (i
guess) won't be installed by default with later releases of netscape.

if you don't want to submit the information, you don't have to, but that
doesn't mean it isn't useful.  and as for asking about printers, last
year we got a printer at work and installed the drivers for it, and it
caused our accounts package to crash - looked very much like a problem
with that software (nothing to do with printing), so if it had been in
development it would certainly have been useful for the developers to
know about the printer drivers...

--
michael