Christopher Jahn wrote:
> And it came to pass that blackbox wrote:
>

>>Is Windows designed for Explorer or Explorer designed for
>>Windows? or, Windows is the Explorer?
>>

> First, Windows was "harvested" from Xerox, who actually invented
> it, by Apple.  Then MS took a shine to it, and borrowed it.
>
> Then Netscape announced Navigator, the first commercial web
> browser.
>
> So MS bought up a browser called Interet Explorer, but sales
> were bad because Navigator was better.
>
> Then MS offered IE free with Windows 95, and figured out a way
> to wind it up into the software so you couldn't uninstall it.
> They sweetened the pot by putting certain "extras" on the IE
> disks instead of the Windows disks. But the disks came seperate,
> so the choice was still yours.
>
> Then Netscape stopped charging for its browser, too.
>
> Then MS decided why risk users not installing IE, and replaced
> parts of the operating system with parts of IE, and Win98 was
> born.
>
> With each release, MS replaced more and more of the Operating
> System with a Web Browser, and suddenly all the smart
> programmers were getting rich selling anti-virus and system
> security software.
>
> And that's why Bundy drools a lot.

I hope this makes some sense, I dont care if there is some logic, or
futurist view point here.. but its fun contimplating anyway:

thats the real reason for all this mess, now XP actually uses HTML
rendered content pages inside of IE made windows to give you OS
functionality.. Windows is becoming an all compasing IE, when you add
Longhorn, which ties Web Services to IE so they can now be seamless
online/offline at anytime to give you functionality that looks like its
an OS tied app, but really an extentable app of IE again.. I think that
is what MS is trying to do.. so Mozilla can add webservices like
calander and add it to Mozilla and tie it into Netscape Calander Online.
MSN is already just OS functionality build into IE, which in turns runs
like its an OS app.  which is really now IE itself, and not Explorer.
Active Desktop is really IE instead of your Explorer too.. This is why
they cannot remove it. My computer is really a file picker like inside
of IE too.. if you go online.. they just somehow have seemlessly tied
functionality so if you are offline (explorer takes control) if you are
online (IExplorer take control) they are both OS apps.. but I'm sure
you'll see even more functionality converge. As its far faster to write
and modify/keepup HTML webpaged OS functions that have to re-write OS
calls for an app. (see the Help docs in XP, all the Wizards, Control
Panel is really just like a webpage that is rendered that you see, it
seems like it some kinda app, but I bet not.

-dman84