grayrest wrote:
> Luke wrote:
>
>> I don't know what this would take programming-wise, but I'd expect it
>> to be targetted Future...
>
> I like this feature. Go ahead and file the bug, it shouldn't be
> difficult, you just trigger on the same event as the "annoying rotating
> arrow":
> *when it starts loading, change the style to underline,
> *when load complete and window is not focused, change to bold, set a flag,
> *on focus, clear the flag and set to normal.

Hmm...that isn't quite what I meant. Underline wouldn't mean "loading",
it would mean "more has loaded". So if you switch out from a tab where
the loading has stalled, and the loading remains stalled, it does not
get underlined. This wouldn't really replace the spinny icon (which I
don't mind so much, but I can understand why some people dislike it).

Likewise, bold wouldn't mean "load completed", it would mean "you
haven't looked at this tab since it started loading". The title would be
bold as soon as the load *begins*, not when it ends.

It's for keeping track of which tabs you've looked at already, not
really for keeping track of downloading state.

I use several web-based bulletin board systems, and I usually open all
of the threads I'm interested in in their own tabs. It's usually fairly
easy to keep track of which threads I've seen, but it can get a little
hairy if there are very many threads, or if people use similar or
unimaginative titles. Also, phpBB in particular does not put the thread
title in the page title, so all tabs have the same title and icon. This
feature would make my browsing experience a whole lot more convenient.

I suppose a tab's title could flash once or twice to signal that it's
done loading. But that's a different issue...