Pascal Chevrel authored the following:

> Bundy a dit :
>
>> Pascal Chevrel authored the following:
>>

>>> Bundy a dit :

>>> Kyle, you are really pathetic. Although Opera 6 is a fine browser, it
>>> cannot be compare size-wise with mozilla until it includes a
>>> mail&news module, an IRC client, a javascript profiler and a webpage
>>> editor.
>>>
>>> Pascal
>>>

>> BLOATWARE ALERT!!!!
>>
>> IRC Client = bloatware and will never make it to a NS build. It's a
>> horrible IRC client to boot, anyone that uses IRC uses MIRC. BTW-It's
>> an option to download in Mozilla and adds on top of the 10meg+ download.
>

> Many mozilla users use it, if people use it, it is by definition useful.

Bullshit. I go to the Mozilla IRC server, maybe 40 people on it, half of
them bots. Dalnet has 100,000 people.

>> Webpage Editor = bloatware - should be the users choice to download in
>> the first place. everybody knows, it's a piece of shit.
>

> Same comment as the one for the IRC client. furthermore, your opinion
> are purely based on prejudices and not on facts. If you want to be taken
> for a reasonnable person and not an idiot, you should really  base your
> opinions on facts. Didn't they tell you at school that "this is a piece
> of shit" is not

The fact is, it should be the users choice to download.
Do you have a problem with this?

>> Javascript profiler - bloatware, only geeks will ever use that.
>

> I use it, I guess I am a geek then.

Yes, you must be. Most people don't use it.

>> Opera does include a mail/news client.
>> It's email client is pretty good.
>> It's news client is horrible.
>

> I guess that it is pure provocation from your part, Opera mail client
> totally lacks of ergonomy and features. You can't even create
> sub-folders or create HTML messages. The only feature really worth of
> interest in opera mail is manual filtering.

False statement about Opera email. You can create sub-folders.

Email /Manage EMail/ Right click on a folder to create another.

Nope, you can't do html unless its raw code.

> Opera does not support the DOM and its javascript capabilities are
> limited. Its CSS support, although very good, isn't as complete as
> mozilla's. back/forward speed is indeed better in Opera but when you use
> tabs you almost never use back/forward.

but..but..but.... most users use the forward/back button.

> Yeah, it's like 2 clicks for Opera and 3 clicks for Mozilla.

False, a lot are one click or zero clicks (F12 key)

>> Faster loading pages
>

> Wrong

Correct.

>> WAY faster using the back/forward buttons
>

> You already said it
>
>> Uses far, far less memory
>

> True and this is why I advise it for older machines. But with every new
> Opera release, the program gets bigger and memory-hungry. When opera has
> all of Mozilla features it will use at least as much memory.

But who wants IRC and a Composer? Most people don't. Again, users
choice, not Mozilla's bloatware.

>> Can be run on slow computers like a 486
>

> Opera 6 is NOT usable on a 486. Opera4/5 was but that's history.

Tell that to the 486 DX-2 66 I am running it now. Runs better than NS
and IE 4

>> Tons more skins/themes (if you care about such petty things)
>

> XUL is far more powerful than the BMP skinning Opera uses. Ever heard of
> cross-platform UI ?

Tons more skins in Opera, 80+...
Show me 80 skins for Mozilla.

>> A much better and leaner support staff who doesn't have the hate MS at
>> all cost attitude.
>

> thus a browser is technically better than others because the support
> staff share your opinion about Microsoft ? Thank you for this gem :-)))

No, a browser that has less people means leaner with less code
generally. Also means more expertise.