Ben Bucksch wrote:

> It isn't meant as offening as it might sound, but while you *considered*
> all views, the view of Netscape is about the only one followed in this
> policy. You have neither full disclose nor disclosure after a certain
> amount of time. Everything is controlled by a small, hand-picked group
> of people.

I don't know whether this will affect your views, but did you notice
that under this policy, the "small, hand-picked group of people" would
almost certainly include yourself? From the policy:

> The members of the Mozilla security bug group will be drawn primarily
> from the following groups:
>
> * security developers (i.e., those whose bugs are often singled out as
>   security-relevant or who have security-relevant bugs assigned to
>   them), and security QA people who are the QA contacts for those
>   bugs;
> * "exploit hunters" with a good track record of finding significant
>   Mozilla security vulnerabilities;
> * representatives of the various companies and groups actively
>   distributing Mozilla-based products; and
> * super-reviewers and drivers.

I've heard multiple members of mozilla.org staff refer to Beonex as a
"vendor", which would mean that Beonex has a clear case for having a
representative in the security group based on the third option above.
(It wouldn't *have* to be you, but it *could* be, and presumably (Frank,
can you confirm this?) it would be your choice).

This would mean, also, that an "I distribute a mozilla-based product
that has no other representation in the security group" would be valid
as one of those "legitimate reasons" for applying for the security
group.

(Disclaimer: I'm just going on what I understood from reading the
policy; I had nothing to do with its drafting and if anything I say is
important to you, you should check it against the policy yourself or ask
someone like Frank who actually knows what he's talking about :) )

Stuart.