Jesse Ruderman wrote:
> Call
> netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("UniversalPreferencesRead
> UniversalPreferencesWrite")
> from javascript just before you try to access the data in the other
> page.

Yeah, I tried that before (also using the "UniversalBrowserAccess"
privilege) but it did not work....

 > Since your page is local, enablePrivilege will show you a dialog
> asking whether you want to allow the local page to do something it
> normally wouldn't be allowed to do.

The dialog is displayed but I end up with "Error: uncaught exception:
Permission denied to get property HTMLDocument.forms" in the JavaScript
Console, anyway.

Here is an ilustration. It loads a page with the "Show Form" button and
opens google in another window. Despite using the privileges I cannot
access the google form.
<HTML>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
        oneWind=window.open("http://www.google.com.pl","oneWind";)
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
function checkForm() {
netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("UniversalBrowserAccess")
netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("UniversalPreferencesRead")
netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("UniversalPreferencesWrite")
alert(oneWind.document.forms[0].q.value)
}
</SCRIPT>

<FORM>
        <INPUT TYPE="Button" NAME="Go" Value="Show Form" onClick="checkForm()">
</FORM>
</HTML>

This is Mozilla 1.0: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.0.0)
Gecko/20020530

Stefan