The simplest and most drastic change would be to open up
mozilla/caps/src/nsScriptSecurityManager, and make the
CheckPropertyAccessImpl function a no-op that always returns true. That
will essentially disable all security and create a browser that's
totally unsafe to be used on the public Internet.

Or, you could make a more specific change. Try adding these lines to
defaults/pref/all.js:

pref("signed.applets.codebase_principal_support", true);
pref("capability.principal.codebase.foo.id", "http://foo.com
http://bar.com";);
pref("capability.principal.codebase.foo.granted", "UniversalBrowserRead
UniversalBrowserWrite");

Replace "http://foo.com http://bar.com"; with a space-separated list of
the hosts to which your Mozilla-based tool needs to connect.

Hope this helps,
         -Mitch