Christian Biesinger wrote:
Are you sure that this is doing what you think it does? My reading of http://www.mozilla.org/scriptable/components_object.html#_Constructor sounds like you are actually creating multiple instances of the IO services that way, which is a really bad thing. It would also lead me to believe that this stores the IO service in nsFileProtocolHandler, not the handler.

Hey Christian, yeah you're quite I was trying to do it from memory and it didn't really work!

I was just trying to suggest that the const (in JS) could be used as the constructor variable rather than just it's IID.