From: Jake Hamby [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> results.  As for speed, the "fast" setting is very fast (4
> sec. for a 30
> sec. clip), "medium" is slower then LAME (23 sec. vs. <7 sec.
> for LAME), and
> "highest" is very slow (didn't time it, but about 2 minutes).

"Fast" is suspiciously fast - Xing fast you might say. The VBR encoder
only works in "Fast" mode, but doesn't generate Xing headers. "Medium"
and "Highest" seem more like the FhG we know and love. The DLL is
encrypted, or has no telltale strings in it. :(

> However, the demo version is limited to encoding 30 files
> before it stops.
> I haven't been able to tell from the website whether paying
> the shareware
> fee will give you an unlimited version of the encoder, but since the
> shareware fee is only $15, I really doubt it.  In that case,
> how much will
> it cost to get the unlimited MP3 encoder?

It seems that it's $15 for the encoder on its own, more if you want the
burning software too.

-- Mat.