I think performance loss due to rounding errors can be ignored because:

rounding errors are _very_ small
     (if we take 16 it samples we have values from -32767 to +32768
     if we assume we have a sample around +-16000 and double
     the amplitude we get around +-32000 with an error of +-1
     this is less than 0.0033% (damn no calculator am I right?))

show me a AD device that samples this accurate. The error introduced
by simply multiplying a constant value is (IMHO) minimal.

Thomas

DAVID BALAZIC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 17.01.2000 14:41:05

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]