> From: Robert Hegemann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 18:00:02 +0100
>
> Takehiro Tominaga schrieb am Son, 30 Jan 2000:
> > I added CVS tree a new fft routine and table lookup method to calculate
> > pow(2.0, ..).
> >
> > The speed is about 10% faster on my celeron linux box.
> > ---
> > Takehiro TOMINAGA // may the source be with you!
>
> Hi Takehiro,
> that sounds good to me!
>
> But I have some trouble with the SQUAM file frer07_1.wav:
> If I use the Debugging compilation with -DABORTFP lame crashes
> here:

There was a bug in the overflow check in cound_bits introduced
with the pow() table lookup:

int count_bits(int *ix, FLOAT8 *xr, gr_info *cod_info)
{
  int bits=0,i;
  if (gf.highq) {
/*  FLOAT8 w = (IXMAX_VAL) * IPOW20(cod_info->global_gain); */  <-- old code
    FLOAT8 w = (IXMAX_VAL) / IPOW20(cod_info->global_gain);     <-- fix
    for ( i = 0; i < 576; i++ )  {
      if (xr[i] > w)
        return 100000;
    }