> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date:         Sun, 11 Jun 2000 17:32:32 +0200
> Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Hi all.
>
> I usually encode music from cd like a:
> $lame -h -b 192 input.wav output.mp3
>
> Now I (discovered) tried option --preset cd,
> which parameters are equal to those I use,
> but there are some differences (no transitional band)...
>
> Is that cd preset better than my usual commandline?
> Is there some certain that presets won\'t change?
> (If I\'ll use it automatically without checking,
> will it remain still br 192, high quality, best settings)?

In this case, the differece will be insignificant.
But it comes from a lack of organization: the preset options
were added by Robert, and the default filtering was tuned by me.  I
think that the amount of lowpass filtering should be based solely on
the the compression ratio, but this value is superseded by the "cd"
preset option.

Mark