I have some file from this backup (mostly spoken word), over weekend I will
try to reencode at 22kHz, 56-64kbps stereo and give feedback.

Regards

             Jaroslav Lukesh
             note: (Bill) Gates to Hell!

----------
Odesílatel: Shawn Riley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Jaroslav wrote:
>Eh... In Czech national radio is use digital sattellite 192kbps upstream
MP2 and daily backup is made at 112kbps MP2, stereo 48kHz. In case of
reprise non-previously recorded programs, such as live events, they use
this backup for transmission!
  I can't imagine how that would sound to try re-encoding for PC storage!
Maybe the officials don't want us storing their transmissions. (Cheeky
buggers...)

Shawn