Hi Jaroslav!

Jaroslav Lukesh schrieb am Don, 27 Jul 2000:
> |  3. What a setting is the best with 192 Kbps (I want to make mp3 from
> | Compact
> | Cassettes).
> |  -f or -h ?  -k ?
> |
> |  Give me please yors opinions!
>
> For cassette:
>
> Before encoding, you should use some phase corrector, see
> http://www.chat.ru/~lrsp/
>
> single line:
>
> lame -m j -v -V 7 --strictly-enforce-ISO -q1 -X6 --cwlimit 11.5 --highpass
> 0.02 --highpass-width 0.01 --lowpass 16 --lowpass-width 1 x.wav x.mp3
>
> or use --abr 144 instead of -V 7

Some notes about your suggested command line:

--strictly-enforce-ISO
   why, do you have some device needing this?
   if not, this could decrease quality

--highpass 0.02 --highpass-width 0.01
   LAME will ignore this, so it makes no sense with LAME's actual filters
   (LAME's highpass filter is not very useful, don't use it, better use
    some special tool to prepare your waves for encoding)

-V7
   this will not give you an average of 192 kbits
   did you mean -V1 ?

-v
   is redundant if you give -V7 anyway

-q n
   is meant for internal testing, its behaviour may change from day to day,
   so get out of a habit using it

To answer Alexander's question, using -h will be the best.

Ciao Robert