> For my ears, Takehiro's scalefac_scale feature will not give better
results.
> The quality of many tracks is a little bit lower. I have found no tracks
> with better quality. The file size is reduced, but for my opinion, the
> quality is more important. So i think, setting this feature as default
> is not a good idea. I'm using an electrostatic headphone, Stax SR-40.
> It is a little bit old, but its quality is very high.
>
> Jack

So it also means that with this feature and the same filesize, the quality
could be improved each time. This is why I think that when scalefac_scale is
used in vbr, it would be good to change a little the vbr scale, or
coefficients affecting the file size.
Is anyone ok with this or am I saying (telling? I never know wich one to
use) something wrong?

Regards,

--

Gabriel Bouvigne - France