Mark Powell schrieb am Don, 28 Sep 2000:
>   Wow the speed up is real sweet. What are the other .nas files in the
> i386 directory for? Specifically the fftsse.nas. Seems interesting if SSE
> can speed up some aspect of the encode. From the timestamps on these files
> it seems they are an abandoned project?
>    Cheers.

        First, I'm no assembler guru.
        In the past I did some assembler stuff for TMS9900 - you know
        TI994/a a Texas Instruments home computer with speech synthesizer
        and alike - and Motorola 68000 - Atari ST. My latest bit for bit
        optimization stuff was for a project group at university, where
        I had to program some field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs).
        The title of that project was (translated in english):
                "Design and implementation of a hardware system for
                 the calculation of covered surfaces in the real time
                 image processing".

        I never did any x86 assembler programming, even though I
        sometimes look at the assembler output from gcc to get an idea
        if an optimization was OK or not.

        The assembler routines in the i386 folder are Takehiro's backport
        from the GOGO assembler routines. Takehiro has those on the TODO
        list, so maybe in time ....

        Ciao Robert