Mark Powell schrieb am Don, 28 Sep 2000:
> On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Robert Hegemann wrote:
> >     At least your 3.87 MMX version seems to be compiled with the
> >     Makefile.MSVC I checked in, with RH_AMP and RH_VALIDATE_MS
> >     enabled. Dmitry, is that right?
>
> BTW Robert, are you recommending these options for improved quality? Would
> that also be inconjunction with the --raise-smr 1 flag for VBR?
> Cheers.

        I would recommend them, but they break Mark's testcases.
        They are independent from the --raise-smr stuff. I'm actually
        not sure about the benefit of --raise-smr 1 as this will
        increase noise modulation with another test case spahm.wav.
        It seems that vbrtest.wav and spahm.wav need diametrical tunings
        and the real solution would be a new spreading function.
        The safest is, don't use neither -q1 nor --raise-smr x.

> Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
> Academic Information Services, Clifford Whitworth Building,
> Salford University, Manchester, M5 4WT, UK.
> Tel: +44 161 295 5936  Fax: +44 161 295 5888  www.pgp.com for PGP key

        Ciao Robert