On 20 Dez, Gabriel Bouvigne wrote:
> 1 step forward for Lame, but 1 step backward for freedom:
>
> http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-8225543.html?tag=hot

---snip---
The digital files are contained in a single "CDS" file format, which is
not explained. But in the license agreement for the technology, the
company does indicate that it has used LAME (which originally, but no
longer, stood for Lame Ain't an Mp3 Encoder), an open-source MP3 encoder.
---snip---

May I ask how I have to expand the acronym 'LAME' now?

---snip---
Instructions that come with the CD indicate that the player can be used
on any Windows operating system. A CNET News.com test found it worked
well in a computer running Windows 2000, but that an older machine
running Windows 95 could not recognize the disc.
---snip---

Can someone confirm this?

> http://www.musichelponline.com/legal/

---snip---
The Player uses the Blowfish block cipher,
---snip---

Now someone has only to find the start of the encrypted parts, get the
Key out of the software and then (I assume they only encrypt the output
of LAME)...

Wy didn't they learn from DeCSS?

Bye,
Alexander.